Friday 7 March 2014

Landscape Drawing - Perspective of Curves


















In this drawing I looked at the perspective of curves and how to draw them. In the image above there are many different angles however the big curved roof was challenging. I was looking at the curve from an angle however, I felt this was the best view from which to draw it. When drawing curves it is hard to get the proportions right so I had to plot where the roof was going to start and end. 

This was my first drawing using alcohol pens. I found this in some ways harder and yet easier to use. There are three different thicknesses to the pens. By first going over with the lightest I was able to map out or change the drawing in any way I wanted. I was then adding the layers with the pens once I had found the line I wanted. I used shading throughout the drawing to show the different light (however once scanned in, this was hard to see). 

Overall I feel it was very hard trying to get the proportions right when working on the curve but I think measuring helped. This was one of the hardest drawings done as it was the first time using the alcohol pens and drawing a large scale curve. I would improve the angles of the roof next time, however, I feel I have produced a good enough drawing to show this perspective.




No comments:

Post a Comment