Tuesday 25 March 2014

Landscape Drawing - Shadow and Tonal Values



















In this drawing I have tried to show the different lighting effects using shading. I have drawn a stage with benches and displays which was a very good and interesting environment. There were a lot of different shadows created by artificial light. These were generated by display lights and ceiling lights. I have used a graphite pencil in this drawing as I thought it would best suit the effect I wanted to create. One of the main challenges with this drawing was the proportions of the environment.

When creating the different shadows there were also different types of actual materials to represent, for example wooden floors and white painted walls. I tried to show this by shading some areas either darker or lighter than others. It was interesting to explore how I was able to create detailed aspects using shadows and light sources throughout.

Overall this was important for me in learning to look at the shadows and light in a complex modern environment. There were many different angles to work with. This meant getting the look of shadows and the tones right was very important. 

No comments:

Post a Comment