Monday 16 December 2013

Female Life Drawing - Posture and Pose


























'Posture' is balance and weight and 'Pose' is all to do with gesture. These are very important aspects of a drawing. Posture and pose are shown in many different ways in this drawing; shading and the position of the shoulders, back and legs. In this drawing I feel I have shown the skin of the model as grounded to the Muscles and Skeleton. I tried to make the body look supported and balanced. As well as it being supported I tried to add weight to the scene. This was done by adding different strengths of shading as well as the different strength of the lines. The lighting in the scene you can see is coming from right to left which can been seen on the body and also on the table.


I tried to make the table look grounded to set the foundation of the drawing by adding creases in the cloth. A big focus of the drawing were the shoulders of the model. The shoulders show a very strong pose and suggest movement of muscles and skeleton which was very important. 

Overall I was very pleased with this drawing and I think it has captured posture and pose very well. The pose was very strong and I think I had chosen a good position to sit when drawing this resulting in the striking angle of shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment