Saturday 12 April 2014

Landscape Drawing - Colour in Spring


















In this drawing I have tried to show the colours in spring using different techniques to create effects within many parts of the drawing. Some of these techniques used are mixing of different colours. For example I used two different shades of green as well as brown and grey for the trees. This was because I wanted to vary the colours for each of the trees. I also used this technique throughout the entire picture to create a mixture of colours. 

Some other techniques used illustrate sunlight. I did this by adding a mixture of yellows through the gaps in the benches. I have used most colours to show the vibrant environment. I have tried to balance out all of the colours giving the whole drawing a warm feeling. In this picture the main focus is the bench and the chair which are much darker tones compared to the main background. I tried to keep the lighter objects bright without making them too bright for the balance of the scene. 

Overall I think this was very interesting to draw and be able to use and learn the many different techniques.  I can now apply these techniques when creating future drawings of this kind or adapting them in others. I feel I have captured the environment well and showed the different colours by layering and mixing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment