Saturday 15 February 2014

Female Life Drawing - Anatomy and Movement





















The drawing above was capturing quick poses and movement in a short space of time. Producing this 'gesture' drawing was a good warm-up exercise because I was able to loosen up my hand for longer drawings. When I was doing this figure drawing I was not looking at the details but the outline of the model.

The drawing above shows many different positions in which the model stood or sat as she moved around a small table. The way I have drawn these images is different because I have done basic outlines and basic shading and some of the quick drawings that I have done are not perfect in detail as they are not meant to be. It was easier to do the full outline first and then start on some of the interior lines because it was an easier and faster way for me to work and suited my style more. On each quick drawing I have used a single line which I then was able to go over very quickly and roughly. I tried to capture key frames in the movement of the model when she was around the table and I feel I have shown this in the drawing. I did the drawing very quickly which I feel I put more energy into it because it generated a sense of urgency

Overall this was a great warm up exercise to do and doesn't take much time to warm up before longer drawings. The techniques that I had learned I can now bring forward into my longer drawings and develop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment